15 die in Peru bus accidentSeptember 14th, 2012 - 12:05 pm ICT by IANS
Lima, Sep 14 (IANS/EFE) At least 15 people were killed and seven injured when a bus plunged into a 100-meter ravine in the southern Peruvian region of Cuzco, media reports said Thursday.
The accident occurred in a rural area in Vilcabamba district, America Television reported.
The injured were taken to the hospital in the nearby city of Andahuaylas, while the bodies of the dead were transported to the coroner’s office.
Experts contend the accident rate in Peru’s interior is extremely high due to the poor condition of roads, an obsolete bus fleet and drivers who obtain licenses on the “black market” by paying between $30 and $50.
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - Nov 19, 2010
- 19 dead in Peru bus accident - Feb 26, 2011
- 91 cops ill after having chicken soup in Peru - Apr 23, 2012
- 15 killed in Peru road accident (Lead) - Mar 17, 2012
- 40 killed in Peru bus accident - Dec 25, 2009
- 17 die in Peru road accident - Apr 02, 2011
- 17 killed in Peru bus accident - May 05, 2010
- Peru's president relieves 22 generals - Jul 04, 2012
- 30 die in Ecuador bus accident - Dec 25, 2010
- Bodies of two US mountaineers found in Peru - Jul 30, 2012