15 die in Pakistan suicide bombing (Second Lead)May 4th, 2012 - 12:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, May 4 (IANS) Fifteen people were killed and 40 wounded when a suicide bomber walked into a market and triggered a massive explosion in Pakistan’s northwest, a media report said.
The attacker targeted security forces conducting checks at Khar Bazaar in Bajaur Agency, part of the Federally Administered Tribal Areas, Geo News reported.
Panic spread in the area after the deafening blast led to the collapse of several shops.
A senior official said it was a suicide attack and four policemen were among the dead.
The bomber was on foot and detonated his explosive vest when he reached close to a police check post, sources added.
Xinhua cited TV reports as saying that curfew had been imposed in the area.
No group has as yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
The attack took place just two days after May 2, a day which marked a year after Al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden was gunned down by US special forces in Abbottabad town.
- Four die in Pakistan blast - Jul 26, 2012
- Suicide bomber kills 20, injures 42 near Pakistani market - May 04, 2012
- Eight die in Pakistan suicide blast (Lead) - May 04, 2012
- 20 dead in Pakistan suicide attack (Third Lead) - May 05, 2012
- Violent incidents in Pakistan since Osama's killing - May 23, 2011
- Taliban's revenge: 80 killed in Pakistan suicide blasts (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Four dead in Peshawar suicide bombing (Lead, changing dateline) - May 25, 2011
- 38 people killed, over 62 injured in Bajaur Agency suicide attack - Dec 25, 2010
- Taliban bomber blows himself up at Islamabad bank - Jun 13, 2011
- Terrorist, policeman killed in Pakistan gun-battle - Jan 28, 2012
- Six kids among 26 killed in Pakistan attacks (Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Woman suicide bomber kills three in Pakistan - May 10, 2011
- Pakistani dies as suicide vest blows up - Aug 07, 2011
- Gunbattle on as terrorists take hostages at Pakistan naval facility - May 23, 2011
- 11 die in Kabul attack after Obama trip (Third Lead) - May 02, 2012
Tags: al qaeda, attacker, bazaar, collapse, curfew, geo news, massive explosion, osama bin laden, pakistan, police check, policemen, security forces, special forces, suicide attack, suicide bomber, suicide bombing, tribal areas, tv reports, vest, xinhua