15 die as boat sinks in VietnamMay 21st, 2011 - 11:27 am ICT by IANS
Hanoi, May 21 (IANS) Fifteen people, including five children, drowned when their double-decker tour boat sank in Vietnam, Xinhua reported Saturday.
Four foreign tourists were among the dead.
The accident occurred at 7 p.m. Friday on Saigon river that flows through Binh Duong province, said the Vietnam news agency.
There were 26 people on board and several people are still missing.
Authorities said strong winds may have caused the boat to capsize. Hundreds of soldiers and police personnel were mobilized for the search and rescue operation.
- 27 bodies found after Tanzania ferry capsizes - Jul 19, 2012
- Five killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Aug 10, 2012
- Four killed, 10 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Aug 10, 2012
- 12 feared dead after ferry sinks in eastern China - Aug 17, 2012
- 26 die as boat sinks in Bangladesh (Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Six dead as boat capsizes in Uttar Pradesh - May 28, 2011
- 31 die in Bangladesh boat capsize (Third Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- 40 missing in Bihar boat accident - Oct 11, 2010
- 31 die in Bangladesh boat capsize (Second Lead) - Mar 13, 2012
- Six killed, 20 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar - Sep 10, 2012
- Nine killed in Moscow river boat accident - Jul 31, 2011
- Bihar boat capsize toll rises to 21 - Sep 11, 2012
- Eight drown as Chinese cargo ship sinks - Feb 18, 2012
- Three drown as overloaded boat capsizes in Bihar - May 22, 2012
- Eleven killed, over 25 missing as boat capsizes in Bihar (Lead) - Sep 10, 2012