15 dead in Myanmar warehouse blast (Lead)December 29th, 2011 - 6:53 am ICT by IANS
Yangon, Dec 29 (IANS) A huge explosion early Thursday at a warehouse on the outskirts of Yangon left at least 15 people dead, among them five women, officials said.
The blast took place around 2.00 a.m. in Mingalartaungnyung, about five kilometres east of downtown Yangon.
A huge fire engulfed the warehouse after the blast.
The cause of the explosion was not immediately known.
A fire official said that at least 15 people have died and about 60 others injured.
According to Xinhua, more than 10 fire-engines were used to douse the fire.
A local resident said the explosion was very loud.
- Fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar - Jul 16, 2012
- 42 killed in Shanghai high-rise blaze (Lead) - Nov 15, 2010
- Minor fire at Indian embassy in Myanmar (Lead) - Jul 16, 2012
- Two killed, 15 injured in Pakistan building blast - Aug 04, 2012
- Six killed in Pakistan fireworks blast (Lead) - Aug 04, 2012
- Fire engulfs Karachi's cloth warehouse - Jan 06, 2012
- Hundreds homeless as shacks gutted in Delhi (Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- 13 killed in Karachi factory fire - Sep 12, 2012
- 45 killed in factory fires in Pakistan (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Labourer injured in fire in Delhi - Mar 10, 2012
- Two dead, 14 hurt in Peshawar blast - Jul 01, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Nine killed in South Korean fire - May 06, 2012
- Six dead in China shop fire - Aug 25, 2011
- Serial bombings hit Myanmar border town - Jun 10, 2012