146,517 Chinese officials punished in 2010January 7th, 2011 - 9:03 am ICT by IANS
Beijing, Jan 7 (IANS) A total of 146,517 officials were punished for violating discipline in China in 2010, an official of the ruling Communist Party of China (CPC) has said.Gan Yisheng, deputy secretary of the Central Commission for Discipline Inspection (CCDI), said the inspection bodies received nearly 1.43 million complaints in 2010 and recovered 8.97 billion yuan ($1.35 billion) in economic losses for the state.
A total of 5,098 leaders at county level or above have been punished and 804 officials were referred for prosecution, he was quoted as saying by Xinhua.
After investigations, authorities have uncovered disciplinary violations in the sectors of agriculture, medical services and education, Gan said, adding that more than 200 people were punished for their involvement in cases of problematic milk powder.
As of December 2010, discipline inspection bodies received 11,332 complaints, including tips about officials misusing quake-relief funds, and punished 689 people.
A number of high-ranking CPC officials, including Kang Rixin, a former head of Chinese nuclear giant China National Nuclear Corporation, and Huang Yao, former chairman of the Guizhou Provincial Committee of the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference (CPPCC), have been referred for prosecution, he said.
Authorities are also investigating other senior CPC officials for disciplinary violations, Gan added.
- Over 100,000 Chinese officials punished in 2009 - Jan 07, 2010
- 151,890 Chinese punished for corruption - Jun 22, 2011
- 113,000 officials punished, but China says graft problem serious - Dec 30, 2010
- Former n-firm chief expelled from Chinese Communist Party - Oct 18, 2010
- China n-firm's ex-chief jailed for corruption (Second Lead) - Nov 19, 2010
- 'Grinning' Chinese official sacked (Lead) - Sep 21, 2012
- Over 500 officials punished for corruption in southern China in 2010 - Feb 23, 2011
- China punishes 5,000 officials for corruption - Dec 26, 2008
- Chinese official given death for taking bribe - Apr 27, 2012
- China vows thorough probe into Bo Xilai scandal - Apr 18, 2012
- Chinese minister sacked from party post - Feb 12, 2011
- 300 Chinese officials caught in sauna during working hours - Sep 15, 2010
- China appoints new nuclear agency chief - Aug 14, 2009
- China to resume n-plants construction - Mar 07, 2012
- Chinese railway minister sacked for indiscipline - Feb 25, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,