14 Taliban killed in Bajaur AgencyOctober 15th, 2008 - 11:10 am ICT by ANI
Bajaur Agency, Oct 15 (ANI): At least 14 Taliban were killed last evening when Pakistani security forces targeted their hideouts in various areas of the strife-torn Bajaur Agency.
The security forces used jet aircraft, helicopter gunships and heavy artillery to destroy Taliban hideouts in Rashkai, Tang Khatta, Tangi, Chinar and Kotki areas of the agency. The forces bombed suspected Taliban hideouts twice in Charmang, Chinar and Kotki, the Daily Times quoted the sources as saying.
The fighting in Bajaur is some of the heaviest since the war on terror started in 2001.
Meanwhile, fighting between the Taliban and the Charmang tribal lashkar continued and both sides used heavy artillery. The lashkar and Taliban took positions against each other in Charmang. The lashkar set a number of Taliban houses on fire.
Separately, the political administration continued its crackdown on Taliban and Afghan refugees, arresting 16 people including some refugees.
The Online News agency reported that the Bajaur political administration arrested 100 people of the Mamoond tribe for not taking action against Taliban.
Security forces also bombed Bandi, Alam Gunj and Gash Kor areas in Khwazakhela tehsil of Swat for the third consecutive day, killing two civilians including a woman. A curfew is still enforced in the area. (ANI)
- Pak military continues to pound Taliban hideouts, 15 militants killed in Bajaur - Jun 20, 2009
- Pakistani fighter jets pound FATA, 12 Taliban killed - Jul 05, 2010
- 18 militants killed in army operation in Pakistan - Aug 30, 2012
- Taliban militants destroy another girls' school in FATA - Jul 12, 2010
- Pak troops kill 12 Taliban in Bajaur, tribals form lashkars to support Army - Oct 25, 2008
- 20 Taliban killed, 10 hurt in Pak security forces Bajaur operation - Nov 08, 2008
- PAF jets pound South Waziristan, 31 extremists killed - Oct 12, 2009
- 12 bombers among 27 Taliban killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai Agency - Oct 13, 2008
- Two Pakistani Taliban leaders killed - Sep 02, 2012
- The Taliban are back to spread terror in Pak army 'sanitized' Bajaur Agency - Jun 16, 2010
- 11 more militants killed in Swat, 28 arrested - Jul 27, 2009
- Pak Army claims killing 60 more Taliban in Malakand - Jun 13, 2009
- 15 Taliban killed as Pak troops target their hideouts in Bajaur - Oct 21, 2008
- 23 Taliban militants killed by Pak security forces in Orakzai - Apr 12, 2010
- Taliban 'captures' dozens of Pak soldiers in FATA - Jun 17, 2010
Tags: afghan refugees, chinar, civilians, crackdown, curfew, gunj, heavy artillery, helicopter gunships, hideouts, jet aircraft, kotki, lashkar, news agency, political administration, strife, swat, taliban, tang, tehsil, war on terror