14 security personnel injured in Kashmir attackOctober 31st, 2008 - 2:21 pm ICT by IANS
Srinagar, Oct 31 (IANS) Eight paramilitary troopers and six policemen were wounded in a powerful grenade explosion inside a heavily guarded police station in Jammu and Kashmir’s Baramulla town Friday.The police said separatist guerrillas fired a rifle-launched grenade at the police station injuring the security men.
“All the injured, including eight central reserve police force (CRPF) troopers and six cops, were evacuated to hospital for treatment. Two of the injured are in serious condition,” a police officer said.
Sources said some senior police officers were inside the building when the grenade exploded.
This is the first guerrilla strike in Kashmir after the announcement of the seven-phased state assembly polls to be held Nov 17-Dec 24.
No group has yet claimed responsibility for the attack.
Baramulla has been in the throes of violent anti-India protests during the past week that left one dead and several others wounded.
Curfew had to be imposed in the town last week to restore order.
- Ten injured in Pulwama grenade attacks - Dec 14, 2010
- Policeman injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jul 31, 2012
- Four injured in Srinagar grenade explosion - Dec 14, 2010
- Seven injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Aug 08, 2012
- Two civilians injured in Kashmir explosion - Dec 24, 2010
- 1 killed, 15 injured in south Kashmir blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012
- Seven wounded in Kashmir blast - Dec 25, 2009
- Five injured in Kashmir blast (Lead) - Oct 26, 2011
- Six injured in Kashmir grenade attack - Jun 24, 2011
- Grenade blasts rock Sopore town in Kashmir - Feb 02, 2011
- Injured cop dies in Srinagar hospital - May 15, 2010
- Two killed, four injured in Kashmir gunfight (Lead) - Feb 23, 2010
- Grenade attack on CRPF office in Srinagar - Aug 13, 2011
- CRPF trooper killed, five injured in Srinagar grenade attack (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2010
- CRPF trooper dies in accidental blast (Lead) - Mar 22, 2012