14 killed in security operation in AfghanistanJuly 16th, 2011 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, July 16 (IANS) At least 14 people, including seven insurgents, were killed and 14 injured during a security operation in west Afghanistan, Xinhua reported Saturday.
According to a police official, the dead comprised seven security force personnel and seven insurgents in an operation that was launched Friday in Farah province of the country, 695 km from capital city Kabul.
“The operation with the involvement of army and police was launched in Shiwan village of Bala Buluk district on Friday and so far seven Taliban rebels, six Afghan soldiers and one Afghan police have been killed,” said police officer Mohammad Ghous Malyar.
Twelve Taliban insurgents and two policemen have been wounded in the battle, he added.
The operation is still underway and would continue until the area is cleared of insurgents, he added.
- 24 militants killed in Afghanistan - Oct 22, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 13 Taliban insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Nov 26, 2011
- Afghan terror attack ends: 48 dead, 65 injured (Second Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 13 insurgents killed, 8 held in Afghanistan - Dec 10, 2011
- Afghan police kill 17 Taliban militants - Jul 31, 2012
- Kabul fighting over - Apr 16, 2012
- Seven Taliban killed, 18 held in Afghanistan - Feb 12, 2012
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Three Afghan Taliban killed, 32 held - Dec 11, 2011
- Blasts rock Kabul as security forces fight Taliban (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- 18 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Aug 13, 2011
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 18 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Nov 21, 2011
- 36 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 05, 2012