14 kids killed in Pakistan accidentJune 10th, 2011 - 9:24 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, June 10 (IANS) At least 14 primary school children were killed when their school van fell into a canal Friday in Pakistani-administered Kashmir, Xinhua reported.
Urdu TV channel ARY said the accident took place at about 6.30 a.m. when the school van carrying 17 children - all aged below 15 - fell off a bridge into the Jhelum canal in Ali Baig town.
Three children and the driver survived by swimming to the shore while 14 drowned.
A rescue team recovered seven bodies while the other seven were still missing.
The three children who survived the accident said the driver was to blame as he was driving too fast.
- 12 children killed as bus falls in canal - Mar 20, 2012
- 13 school children killed as bus falls in canal (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Three kids die as van falls into canal - Sep 26, 2011
- 15 school kids die in Pakistan accident (Lead) - Sep 21, 2010
- Three minors drown in Bhakra canal - Jan 23, 2011
- Seven die as car falls in canal - Dec 22, 2010
- School van plunges into river, four children, helper drown - Feb 17, 2011
- Six-year-old dies as school van overturns - Aug 05, 2011
- Bus accident kills 15 kids in Pakistani Kashmir - Sep 21, 2010
- Eight school kids injured in accident - Mar 28, 2012
- Two students killed, 10 missing as bus falls into canal - Feb 28, 2012
- 14 killed in two Himachal accidents - Sep 05, 2011
- Three kids die in China road accident - Mar 26, 2012
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- Pakistan: Seven passengers die after bus driver falls asleep - Apr 12, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , ,