13-yr-old boy struck by lightening on Friday the 13th at 13:13August 14th, 2010 - 3:12 pm ICT by ANI
London, Aug 14 (ANI): Friday the 13th really is unlucky for some - a 13-year-old-boy was struck by lightening on Friday the 13th at 13:13.
The unnamed boy was struck at Lowestoft Seafront Air Festival, and it was only when the ambulance team was treating him that they noticed the time - 1.13pm.
He has suffered a minor burn and was taken to James Paget Hospital, where he is expected recover soon.
“There’d been very heavy rain all day, but this afternoon we saw a big flash of lightning over the sea and a loud clap of thunder,” The Daily Mail quoted Rex Clarke, who leads the team of St John Ambulance volunteers at the event, as saying.
“We got a call that someone had been struck by lightning so we immediately sent our paramedics to the scene, followed by an ambulance. Lightning strikes can cause cardiac arrest, but when our volunteers arrived the boy was conscious and breathing,” Clarke said.
“We treated two more injuries from lightning burns in the space of twenty minutes - all three people were holding umbrellas at the time, which acts as a conductor for electricity,” he added. (ANI)
- Lightning strikes Briton at 13:13 on Friday the 13th - Aug 15, 2010
- Lightening kills four in UP - Apr 06, 2012
- Fire caused by lightening destroys Miranda Kerr's grandparents' house - Jan 06, 2011
- Lightning kills eight in Uttar Pradesh - Jul 29, 2011
- Australian man shoots son while hunting birds - Apr 23, 2011
- Three killed in Tripura cyclone - May 03, 2012
- Volunteers, backbone of the movement: Kejriwal - Aug 28, 2011
- Storm kills three, damages many houses in Tripura - Apr 08, 2012
- Lightning kills five in Tripura - Apr 29, 2010
- Lightning kills two in Lucknow - Jul 05, 2012
- Lightning kills three in Bihar - Jun 24, 2011
- Women faint after watching Boyle's '127 Hours' - Jan 13, 2011
- Three-year-old climbs inside toy vending machine - Feb 18, 2011
- Girl survives window lightning strike - May 13, 2011
- 24 injured in lightning strike at Jharkhand school - Aug 19, 2010
Tags: ambulance volunteers, cardiac arrest, clap of thunder, conductor, daily mail, friday the 13th, heavy rain, james paget, james paget hospital, lightning over the sea, lightning strikes, loud clap, lowestoft seafront air festival, paramedics, rain all day, rex, seafront, st john ambulance, twenty minutes, umbrellas