13 killed in Iraq car bombingNovember 28th, 2011 - 6:14 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Nov 28 (IANS) At least 13 people were killed and 28 others wounded Monday when a suicide bomber rammed an explosives-laden car into a prison near the Iraqi capital, an official said.
The attack took place around 8 a.m., when the suicide bomber drove the car into the entrance of the al-Hout prison in Taji, some 20 km north of Baghdad, the interior ministry official told Xinhua.
Among the dead, nine were security personnel manning the check-point at the prison gate.
Ten of the wounded were prison employees and the rest were civilians who had gathered outside to visit inmates, the official said.
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- 14 die in Baghdad bombings - Oct 12, 2011
- 20 killed, 125 wounded in Iraq car bombing (Lead) - Jun 04, 2012
- Seven die in Iraq bomb attack - May 22, 2011
- Suicide car bomb in Iraq kills three securitymen - Jun 06, 2011
- Nine killed in Iraq attacks - Apr 19, 2012
- 13 killed, 74 injured in series of blasts in Baghdad - May 22, 2011
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- 18 killed in Iraq suicide car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2010
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 50 killed, hundreds injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Feb 23, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Over 40 killed in Iraq violence (Lead) - Jul 23, 2012
- 25 killed, 75 wounded in Iraq suicide car bombing - May 05, 2011
Tags: al hout, baghdad, car bombing, civilians, explosives, inmates, interior ministry, iraq, iraqi capital, ministry official, prison employees, prison gate, security personnel, suicide bomber, xinhua