13 killed in China fireworks plant explosionJanuary 4th, 2009 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Jinan (China), Jan 4 (Xinhua) At least 13 people have been killed in an explosion at an illegal fireworks plant in eastern China, officials said Sunday.The blast occurred at about 4:30 p.m. Saturday in an abandoned plant that was being used illegally for producing fireworks in Qianwang village in Shandong province, the provincial government said.
There were 16 people, including four men and 12 women, inside the plant when the explosion took place, a government spokesperson said, citing Ling Xi’en, the owner of the plant.
Ling has been arrested and an investigation into the incident is under way.
- Fireworks blast kills eight in eastern China - Dec 12, 2010
- Elevator crashes at mine in eastern China, killing 13 - Mar 17, 2012
- Girl of 4 who must wear adult man's shoes - Sep 13, 2011
- Kobe, LeBron to tour China after Olympics - Aug 11, 2012
- Explosives-laden truck explodes at Chinese cement factory, 9 dead - Aug 28, 2012
- 1,000 evacuated as mountain fire rages in China - Apr 19, 2011
- Millions short of water as drought hits eastern China - Dec 30, 2010
- Fireworks blast kills six in China - Sep 12, 2010
- Illegal explosives caused China building collapse - Apr 16, 2012
- Blast at illegal fireworks workshop in northern China kills 5 - Sep 17, 2012
- 20 die in China explosion - Jun 29, 2012
- Seven die in Afghanistan blast - Feb 28, 2012
- 4 killed in fireworks blast in China - Jan 11, 2010
- Two killed as angry Chinese farmer sets off car bombs (Second Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Action against 113 in China's tainted pork scandal - Nov 26, 2011