13 insurgents killed, 8 held in AfghanistanDecember 10th, 2011 - 9:53 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Dec 10 (IANS) Afghan and NATO-led forces have killed over a dozen anti-government insurgents while capturing eight others over the last 24 hours during a series of security operations, said the Afghan interior ministry Saturday.
“During the past 24 hours, Afghan National Security Force (ANSF) and the NATO-led coalition forces have launched seven joint operations in Kandahar, Helmand, Zabul, Ghazni and Farah provinces, killed 13 insurgents and detained eight others,” Xinhua quoted the ministry in a statement as saying.
Security forces also seized arms and ammunitions during the operations, it added but did not reveal if there were any casualties among the troops.
Taliban militants fighting Afghan and NATO-led troops were yet to make comment.
- Eight Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 06, 2012
- 36 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - May 05, 2012
- Afghan police kill 15 militants, detain 11 - Aug 23, 2012
- 33 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Aug 26, 2012
- Three Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Dec 29, 2011
- 42 Taliban killed in Afghanistan - Jun 17, 2012
- 22 Taliban insurgents killed - Oct 17, 2011
- 13 insurgents killed in Afghanistan - Aug 04, 2011
- 61 militants killed in Afghanistan - Jul 04, 2012
- Eight Taliban killed, 13 held in Afghanistan (Lead) - Jan 09, 2012
- 30 Taliban militants killed in Afghanistan - Jun 02, 2012
- Three Afghan Taliban killed, 32 held - Dec 11, 2011
- 10 militants killed in Afghanistan - Nov 20, 2011
- 42 Taliban killed, 37 held in Afghanistan - Dec 04, 2011
- 20 Afghan militants killed - May 28, 2012
Tags: afghan, afghanistan kabul, ammunitions, casualties, coalition forces, farah, ghazni, helmand, insurgents, interior ministry, joint operations, kandahar, national security, nato, security force, security forces, security operations, taliban, xinhua, zabul