13 escape from Mexican jail during armed attackApril 5th, 2010 - 11:33 am ICT by IANS
Mexico City, April 5 (IANS/EFE) Thirteen prisoners managed to escape during an attack by armed men on a prison in Mexico, authorities have said.
Of the 13 people who fled the Centro de Ejecuciones de Sanciones in Reynosa in the country’ northern border, 11 committed federal crimes and two are common criminals, an official said Sunday.
The attackers arrived in 10 vehicles Friday night, burst into the prison and shot at the guards, which resulted in three prisoners being killed.
On March 26, 41 prisoners had fled the state prison in Matamoros city in yet another incident of violence unleashed by drug cartels.
- 85 prisoners escape from Mexico jail - Sep 11, 2010
- 41 escape from Mexico prison - Mar 26, 2010
- 12 inmates escape as attackers bust Mexican prison - Jan 18, 2011
- 17 escape from prison in Mexican border city - May 26, 2011
- 29 prison personnel held over Mexico massacre - Feb 24, 2012
- Five taxi drivers killed in Mexican city - Feb 22, 2012
- Mexico ships 273 inmates to island prison - Oct 24, 2011
- 41 Mexican guards to go on trial for jailbreak - Dec 29, 2010
- 5 Bodies found hanging from bridges in Mexican city - Mar 01, 2011
- Nine killed in drug related attacks in Mexico - May 23, 2011
- Mexican Supreme Court official held for links to drug cartel - Aug 13, 2012
- 20 die in Mexico prison fight - Oct 16, 2011
- Six in Mexico get 25-30 years in jail for abortion - Jul 22, 2010
- Mexico plans to build eight prisons - Feb 23, 2012
- Cartel threats force people to flee cities in Mexico - Nov 23, 2010