13 die in Turkish prison fireJune 17th, 2012 - 7:28 pm ICT by IANS
Istanbul, June 17 (IANS) A fire in a Turkish prison has killed 13 prisoners, Xinhua reported Sunday.
Turkish Prime Minister Recep Tayyip Erdogan said the died when a fire engulfed the jail in Sanliurfa city late Saturday.
The fire started after some inmates set their bedding ablaze during a fight in a ward.
The prime minister said he would order a probe into the possibility that the ward could have been overcrowded.
- UEFA congress begins in Istanbul - Mar 22, 2012
- Turkey objects to NATO military intervention in Libya - Mar 14, 2011
- Turkish PM warns of 'disastrous' consequence if Israel strikes Iran - Apr 01, 2012
- Iran wants n-talks in Istanbul - Mar 30, 2012
- Turkey to build canal through Istanbul to aid sea traffic - Apr 28, 2011
- Israeli government the problem, not the people: Turkish PM - Oct 03, 2011
- Bodies of Turkish pilots killed in Syria shooting found - Jul 05, 2012
- Abu Dhabi prince meets Turkish leaders - Feb 29, 2012
- Obama's secret message: Iran can have civilian n-programme - Apr 07, 2012
- 1,000 feared killed as major quake jolts Turkey - Oct 23, 2011
- Turkey role model for Islamic states: Gilani - May 22, 2012
- Turkey's top army officials resign - Jul 30, 2011
- An Islamabad-Istanbul train that will traverse 6,500 km - Apr 18, 2011
- Turkey offers to dramatically increase sale of military hardware to Pak - Dec 08, 2010
- 350 dead in Honduras prison fire (Lead) - Feb 15, 2012