13 die as fresh tornadoes hit three US statesMay 26th, 2011 - 11:47 am ICT by IANS
Washington, May 26 (IANS/EFE) At least 13 people were killed as a new wave of tornadoes hit the US states of Oklahoma, Kansas and Arkansas, authorities said.
The new bout of deadly weather came after at least 124 people died and 750 were injured in Joplin in Missouri state, when a tornado levelled the city’s downtown area, including at least 2,000 homes.
The National Weather Service also detected tornadoes in Dallas and North Texas.
On Wednesday, authorities in Oklahoma said at least eight people died as tornadoes swept through parts of the state, while Arkansas police said at least three people died in the storms and Kansas authorities reported two deaths.
- 232 listed as missing after US tornado - May 27, 2011
- Missouri tornado toll rises to 132 - May 28, 2011
- Missouri tornado toll reaches 139 - May 29, 2011
- Storms leave 100,000 without power in Michigan - May 31, 2011
- Storms kill at least 47 across US - Apr 18, 2011
- Heavy storm moving toward US East Coast leaves 17 dead - Apr 17, 2011
- 4 killed in Branson Tornado - Feb 29, 2012
- Search for victims after deadly tornadoes in US - Mar 05, 2012
- Deadliest tornado in US history claims 44 lives - Apr 18, 2011
- 25 killed as tornadoes hit US - May 23, 2011
- 32 killed as tornadoes rip US (Third Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- 28 die as tornadoes rip US (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Storms leave nearly 300 as dead in southern US (Lead) - Apr 29, 2011
- Obama visits area devastated by deadly tornados - Apr 30, 2011
- Storms sweep US midwest - Apr 15, 2012