13 Colombian rebels killed in airstrikeNovember 16th, 2010 - 10:18 pm ICT by IANS
Bogota, Nov 16 (IANS/EFE) Thirteen Colombian leftist guerrillas were killed in an airstrike in the southwestern part of the country, the defence ministry said Tuesday.
Monday’s attack targeted a camp of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC) outside the Ipiales town near the border with Ecuador.
Army troops and police commandos entered the camp after the bombing and found the bodies of 13 rebels. Two wounded rebels were arrested. The operation was carried out after a tip-off from the police.
Five rifles, a machine gun, a grenade launcher and other weapons and documents were seized.
About 35 fighters from the FARC’s 48th Front were in the camp at the time of the attack. Security forces have launched a search to capture the rebels who fled the camp.
- Colombian TV host held over rebel ties - Nov 16, 2010
- Colombian Army rescues woman abducted by rebels - Jun 08, 2010
- Bomb strapped to horse wounds two Colombian soldiers - Jul 12, 2011
- Four dead in Colombia bus attack - Jun 21, 2012
- 12 Colombian rebels killed - Jul 12, 2010
- Guerrillas use dead body in attack in Colombia - Dec 08, 2011
- Colombian rebels recruited teenagers, says activist - May 19, 2012
- 22 rebels killed in Colombia - Sep 20, 2010
- 12 rebels die in Colombian air strike - Jul 07, 2010
- Colombian caught trying to board plane with grenade - Aug 22, 2012
- Two Colombian rebels killed by their own bomb - Jun 08, 2012
- 10 rebels captured in Colombia - Feb 10, 2010
- Colombian military kills about 60 alleged rebels - Sep 21, 2010
- Colombian troops kill rebel blamed for 84 deaths - Apr 18, 2012
- Colombian rebel, presumed dead, appears in TV interview - Aug 02, 2012
Tags: armed forces, army troops, bogota, colombian rebels, defence ministry, dg, ecuador, efe, farc, grenade launcher, leftist guerrillas, machine gun, police commandos, revolutionary armed forces of colombia, revolutionary armed forces of colombia farc, rifles, security forces, snb, weapons