12yr-old boy being probed after posting his raunchy pictures on netFebruary 2nd, 2009 - 6:19 pm ICT by ANI
Hong Kong, Feb 2 (ANI): Cops are probing the case of a 12-year-old boy who posted pictures of his genitalia on an adult Internet forum in an attempt to seek sexual services.
According to the reports, the Form One student from the New Territories posted his pics on January 23 under the names “Leung Chai” (Little Leung) and “Chui Shui Ho” (Braggy Ho) on the adult forum, KYO!
The student, who claims to be a Christian, wrote that he wanted to make money through sexual services with females between the ages of 10 and 45.
He offered 450 HK dollars to “make love”.
The boy also included a breakdown of sexual services he wanted, along with his instant-messaging contact information.
The post has created uproar among netizens.
Following the post, the boy’’s personal detailsincluding a photo, Hong Kong identity-card number and school detailshave been uploaded by Internet users.
Other postings threatened ridicule and repercussions at the boy’’s school.
However, the school’’s vice principal said that it was still gathering the particulars of the case, and would cooperate in the probe.
Meanwhile, the boy has replaced the postings, and issued a public apology to his school, appealing to his principal and teachers for a second chance.
He has also apologised to “netizens,” assuring to never repeat his behaviour, and appealing for mercy.
Hong Kong Internet Society chairman Charles Mok Nai-kwong said that the incident was similar to the trends emerging in the mainland where Internet users had their identity exposed, which could lead to retaliation.
“What really makes things complicated is that a minor is at the centre of this fiasco, but he should be given a second chance because of his immaturity,” the Standard quoted him as saying.
The maximum penalty for posting child pornography on the Internet is eight years in jail, and a fine of two million Hong Kong dollars.
Publishing obscene and indecent articles can lead to a fine of one million HK dollars, and three years in prison.
Soliciting for an immoral purpose carries a penalty of 10,000 HK dollars, and six months in prison. (ANI)
- Hong Kong seizes $98 million cocaine - Jul 07, 2012
- Over 100,000 cigarettes seized in Hong Kong - Aug 15, 2012
- Hong Kong to penalise drivers for idling engines - Dec 15, 2011
- Hong Kong schoolboy, 12, offers himself as gigolo - Feb 02, 2009
- Mahesh, Anaka in finals of Indian Open squash - Sep 09, 2011
- Kush upsets Alsaraj for junior squash title - Sep 10, 2011
- Coming soon: Bruce Lee biopic - May 12, 2010
- Chinese held for spreading rumours on microblog - Dec 21, 2011
- Big field for Indian Junior Open squash - Sep 05, 2011
- Chinese cops offer money to netizens to hunt criminals - Dec 26, 2010
- China probes forced abortion case after national outrage - Jun 14, 2012
- Hong Kong detective jailed for raping woman in police station - Sep 18, 2009
- Masked woman distributes food, money among poor in Hong Kong - May 31, 2011
- Kung Fu grandmaster jailed for kicking mistress - Nov 20, 2009
- Mass protests on Hong Kong anniversary - Jul 01, 2012
Tags: adult forum, adult internet, chairman charles, charles mok, child pornography, hk dollars, hong kong dollars, hong kong identity card, hong kong internet, immaturity, internet forum, internet society, maximum penalty, netizens, new territories, public apology, sexual services, society chairman, uproar, vice principal