$12.95 Obama action doll flying off the shelvesDecember 15th, 2008 - 5:05 pm ICT by ANI
New York, December 15 (ANI): Action figures based on President-elect Barack Obama have been flying off the shelves, according to a Manhattan toy store worker.
The Barbie-sized figure, manufactured by a New Jersey company called Jailbreak Toys, was said to have been repeatedly grabbed by kids at Scholastic Store in SoHo.
“They are literally flying off the shelves. The kids see Obama, and they just want to grab him, the New York Daily News quoted a worker as saying.
According to manager Denys Ramos, the Broadway store had already sold 200 copies of the 12.95-dollar doll since the beginning of the month.
Ramos said: “This holiday season Barack Obama has been our Tickle Me Elmo. We did have the John McCain figure, but we had to discount it.” (ANI)
- Black Friday deals - Nov 25, 2011
- Iran shutting down shops selling Barbies? - Jan 22, 2012
- New Barbie with hidden camera branded a "gift to paedophiles" - Nov 03, 2010
- Barbie Doll Camera Boycott Urged By Psychologists - Nov 02, 2010
- After Barack Obama, wife Michelle gets her own action figure - Oct 12, 2009
- New Barbie dolls for Olympics 2012 - Jul 26, 2012
- After Katrina, Hrithik may walk the ramp for kids - Jan 13, 2012
- Jimmy McMillan Inspires 'Rent is Too Damn High' Doll - Oct 29, 2010
- "Barbie Video Girl" - A Trap Set By Pedophiles? - Dec 24, 2010
- Barbie dolls inspired by Kardashian sisters - Jan 06, 2012
- 'Rent is too damn high' doll on offer for $49.99 - Oct 29, 2010
- Are Barbie and Ken getting together again after 43 yrs? - Feb 07, 2011
- Barbie doll creator dead - Jul 24, 2011
- Barbie Katrina to be launched in December - Nov 20, 2009
- Barbie to reunite with beau Ken in 'Toy Story 3' (With Images) - Jun 08, 2010
Tags: action figures, barack obama, barbie, broadway, holiday season, john mccain, manhattan toy, new jersey company, new york daily news, president elect, shelves, soho, toy store, toys, york daily news