12 killed in South Korea landslideJuly 27th, 2011 - 11:28 am ICT by IANS
Seoul, July 27 (IANS) Twelve people were killed and at least 26 were injured Wednesday in a landslide in South Korea, Xinhua reported.
The rain-triggered landslide occurred after midnight near the Soyang river dam in the resort city of Chuncheon.
Several houses were destroyed. Most of the victims were college students, the Yonhap news agency said.
Police and firefighters have launched a rescue operation to help the people.
Heavy rains also lashed Seoul Wednesday, causing massive traffic jams in several parts of the city.
- 40 dead in South Korea landslides - Jul 28, 2011
- 12 dead in China rains - Jul 21, 2012
- 13 die in China rainstorm - Aug 07, 2012
- 18 dead in China landslide - Jul 06, 2011
- 13 dead due to rains in China - Jul 22, 2012
- Six missing after landslide hits village in southeastern China - Apr 24, 2012
- Rain triggered landslide kills 127 in China - Aug 09, 2010
- 12 dead in China landslides - Sep 19, 2011
- Landslide kills 12 in Bangladesh - Jul 02, 2011
- Rain continues in Jammu, many trapped - Aug 05, 2012
- At least 127 dead, more than 1,000 missing after landslides in northwest China - Aug 09, 2010
- Rains wreak havoc in Maharashtra (Lead) - Aug 29, 2011
- Six dead in China rains - Jul 09, 2010
- 11 killed in south China rains - Jul 15, 2012
- Floods wreak havoc in China (Lead) - May 03, 2012