12 killed in Philippines plane crashDecember 10th, 2011 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Dec 10 (IANS) At least 12 people were killed and 20 injured in the Philippines’ capital region of Metro Manila Saturday after a light plane crashed.
The accident occurred around 2.45 p.m. in Paranaque city, Xinhua quoted Mayor Jun Bernabe as saying.
Victims included a number of children as well as the pilot and co-pilot, he added.
The plane crash caused fire at a nearby elementary school and a shanty town.
According to a Manila airport official, soon after taking off from the domestic runway, the pilot detected a problem and requested the tower for re-landing. But the plane crashed before it could reach the runway.
- Philippines interior secretary untraceable - Aug 19, 2012
- Top Philippine official missing after plane crash - Aug 18, 2012
- Three dead in Indonesian Air Force plane crash - Jun 21, 2012
- Philippine air force plane crashes, 8 dead - Jan 28, 2010
- Two die as plane crashes into lagoon - Mar 16, 2012
- Mangalore Air crash due to pilot's error - Sep 08, 2010
- 10 injured as plane makes emergency landing in Lahore - Aug 31, 2012
- Cargo plane crashes in Saudi Arabia (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Co-pilot seat adjustment causes AI jet to plunge a terrifying 7,000-ft - Dec 02, 2010
- Chinese plane flies from Japan without permission - Nov 30, 2011
- U.S. pilot among three killed in small plane crash in Indonesia - Sep 22, 2011
- Nine killed in Indonesian Air Force plane crash (Lead) - Jun 21, 2012
- Report blames pilot error for Air India Express crash that killed 158 - Nov 17, 2010
- Major plane accident averted in Chennai - Sep 24, 2011
- Iran holds funeral for air crash victims - Jan 11, 2011