12 killed in Iraq bombingsJuly 23rd, 2012 - 5:59 am ICT by IANS
Baghdad, July 23 (IANS) At least 12 people were killed and 37 injured in separate bombing incidents in Iraq Sunday, Xinhua reported.
A total of six people were killed and 13 injured in three bomb explosions in Iraqi capital city of Baghdad. The attack, which took place in a crowded market, also damaged nearby shops and residential buildings, said an interior ministry source.
Nobody immediately claimed responsibility for the attacks.
In a separate incident, at least one police personnel was killed and 10 others, including several policemen, were injured after a car bomb attack occurred in Mosul city near a police office, some 400 km northwest of Baghdad.
Earlier, at least five people were killed and 14 injured in a car bombing incident which occurred in central Iraq’s Najaf city, about 160 km south of Baghdad Sunday.
An interior ministry official said a booby-trapped car blew up outside a restaurant, which also damaged several nearby shops and buildings.
- Four killed in twin car bomb blasts in Iraq - Jun 11, 2011
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- Seven killed in Iraq violence - Aug 08, 2012
- 35 killed in twin bomb blasts north of Baghdad - Jul 05, 2011
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- Two killed in Iraq car bombing - Apr 05, 2010
- Seven killed in Iraq attacks - Aug 06, 2012
- 15 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 04, 2010
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 12 killed in Iraq car bombings - Jan 16, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq attacks - Jan 23, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
Tags: 12 killed in iraq, bomb explosions, car bomb attack, car bombing, central iraq, city of baghdad, interior ministry, iraq bombings, iraqi capital, ministry official, ministry source, najaf, nearby shops, northwest, police office, policemen, residential buildings, xinhua