12 injured as they jump off train after bomb scareJuly 27th, 2008 - 10:45 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, July 27 (IANS) About a dozen commuters sustained injuries Sunday when they jumped out of a running train in Chhattisgarh after unclaimed suitcases found in a local train created panic. When a Bilaspur-Raipur local train was about to halt at the Hathband station in Raipur district, a passenger started screaming that bombs were hidden in two suitcases in a coach.
The passengers began jumping out of the train and at least one dozen of them sustained injuries.
The railway police reached the spot immediately and a bomb disposal squad from Raipur too arrived and searched the suitcases that were filled with clothes.
After an intense search of all the seven coaches, the train was allowed to proceed to Raipur.
- 12 run over by train in Chhattisgarh - Oct 23, 2011
- Mumbai-Howrah route traffic resumes after train accident - Oct 23, 2011
- Minor fire in Shatabdi Express - Mar 29, 2012
- Man throws girl out of train after failed rape attempt - Feb 06, 2012
- Chhattisgarh cop killed in bomb blast - May 22, 2012
- Bomb scare in Delhi Metro train - Aug 28, 2009
- 26 hurt in Orissa train collision, a few trains cancelled (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Journalist shot dead in Bilaspur (Lead) - Dec 20, 2010
- Three dead as Doon Express derails in UP (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Four die as Doon Express derails in UP (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Toll in Uttar Pradesh accident 69, 23 yet to be identified - Jul 11, 2011
- Railway begins probe into Jharkhand train fire - Nov 23, 2011
- Narrow escape for 1,000 train passengers in Assam - Jun 17, 2011
- 1,000 train passengers escape disaster in Assam (Lead) - Jun 17, 2011
- Bombs found in Chhattisgarh's Maoist heartland - Jan 01, 2012