12 Indians lose jobs, have no money to return homeDecember 11th, 2008 - 3:09 pm ICT by IANS
Kuala Lumpur, Dec 11 (IANS) Twelve Indian nationals working in Malaysia have lost jobs and have no money to return as their employers have not paid their outstanding dues.R. Arokiasamy, 28, said they were recruited on a three-year work permit by a company specialising in making computer parts based in Taman Desa Cemerlang in Ulu Tiram, Johor state.
The company failed to renew their work permits, which expired October, and paid them two months’ salary for terminating their employment, The Star newspaper said Thursday.
Arokiasamy alleged that the management threatened them whenever they asked for their outstanding dues and were silent on their request for arrangements to return home.
- 12 South Indians lose jobs in Malaysia - Dec 11, 2008
- Crows in Malaysia steal panties, bras to make nests - Mar 29, 2011
- Indian widow loses salary in Malaysia, daughter back home - Jan 01, 2011
- Over 50 Indian workers stranded in Malaysia after being cheated - Feb 27, 2009
- Migrant workers not being paid wages by Malaysian bosses - Jun 27, 2010
- Indian workers detained in Malaysia to return home - Mar 02, 2009
- Malay employers refusing to let foreign workers go home - Apr 11, 2010
- Abused, beaten Indian workers in Malaysia seek refuge with NGO - Jan 13, 2011
- Indonesian golf caddies 'nabbed for prostituting themselves to golfers' - Apr 17, 2011
- Malaysian Indian youth, who killed mother, found dead in prison - Nov 16, 2009
- Seven Indian barbers claim Malaysian boss abused them for four years - Jul 02, 2009
- Dissatisfied over low pay 78 Indian workers return from Malaysia - Sep 10, 2009
- 15 Indian workers stranded after Malaysian employer refuses to pay - Jun 27, 2008
- Low enrolment may force closure of Tamil schools in Malaysian estates - Jun 03, 2010
- Indians free to seek jobs in Libya - Nov 03, 2010