11 students drowned in ChinaJune 10th, 2012 - 8:55 am ICT by IANS
Beijng, June 10 (IANS) As many as 11 students died from drowning in two Chinese provinces Saturday, authorities said.
In an incident in Heilongjiang province, some four students drowned in the Songhua river in the morning in a bid to save a girl student who slid into the river while washing her hands in Gaojia village, Xinhua quoted the municipal emergency office as saying.
Efforts were on to retrieve the bodies.
In a separate incident, as many as seven middle school students were drowned in the afternoon while swimming in the Huihe river in China’s Shandong province. Their bodies were recovered by evening, officials said.
- Eight drown as Chinese cargo ship sinks - Feb 18, 2012
- Chinese army officer drowns while retrieving chemical barrels - Aug 01, 2010
- Thane schoolgirl drowns in Lonavala school pool - Jun 04, 2012
- Four kids drown in Chinese river - Dec 05, 2011
- Eight teens washed away in Indonesia floods - Sep 13, 2010
- Major infiltration bid foiled, 12 Lashkar men killed (Lead) - Aug 20, 2011
- Three engineering students drown in Arabian Sea - Jun 10, 2012
- Four dead in Beijing house collapse - May 05, 2012
- 15 miners killed in Meghalaya - Jul 11, 2012
- China: 11 workers confirmed dead in Changzhi mine accident - Apr 17, 2012
- Eight die in China boat capsize - Sep 10, 2011
- Six drown in western Maharashtra - Aug 01, 2010
- Chinese set new record after standing in ice for 2 hrs - Jan 05, 2011
- China to build more nuclear power plants - Jun 18, 2010
- Six students drown during stopover in southern Turkey - May 22, 2012