11 people wounded in two bomb attacks in BaghdadOctober 12th, 2008 - 4:47 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Oct 12 (Xinhua) Eleven people, including eight policemen, were injured in two roadside bomb explosions targetting police patrols in the Iraqi capital Sunday, the interior ministry said. “A roadside bomb struck a police patrol at about 8:30 a.m. ( 0530 GMT) in the Palestine Street in eastern Baghdad, wounding five policemen and two bystanders,” a ministry official said on condition of anonymity.
A police vehicle was extensively damaged in the blast which also caused damage to several nearby shops and cars, the source added.
Another roadside bomb went off near a police patrol close to an intersection in Baghdad’s northern neighbourhood of Waziriya, wounding three policemen and a civilian.
Iraqi security forces cordoned off the two areas while ambulances evacuated the wounded people to nearby hospitals, he added.
Violence has dropped to a four-year low in Iraq, while sporadic roadside bombs, car bombings and suicide attacks are still haunting the Iraqis.
- Two killed, 11 injured in Iraq blasts - Apr 26, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- 35 killed in twin bomb blasts north of Baghdad - Jul 05, 2011
- 20 killed, 64 wounded in attacks in Baghdad - Feb 23, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Car bomb attack kills nine in Baghdad - May 04, 2011
- 12 killed in Iraq bombings - Jul 23, 2012
- Two dead, nine hurt in four bomb attacks in Iraq - Dec 25, 2011
- Roadside bomb kills five Iraqi soldiers - Aug 03, 2012
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- Six killed in Iraq violence - Dec 05, 2011
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012