11 killed in Peru road accidentSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 5:05 am ICT by IANS
Buenos Aires, Sep 1 (IANS/RIA Novosti) At least 11 people were killed and 40 injured following a truck’s brake failure in Peru, an official told country’s RPP radio.
“Ten people died on the site, another passenger died in a hospital,” said Rolando Campos, head of Capillas district.
The truck driver tried to prevent it from falling into a precipice. As a result, his vehicle crashed into a hill, 200 km southeast of the country’s capital Lima and overturned.
“Forty passengers, including nine children, have been hospitalised,” the official said.
- Pilot dies in Czech plane crash - Jun 11, 2012
- Two killed in Russian train collision - Aug 12, 2011
- Three kids die in Siberian building collapse - Sep 14, 2012
- 15 killed in Kazakh accident - Aug 20, 2012
- Pilot dies in chopper crash in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Cold wave kills over 40 in Ukraine - Feb 02, 2012
- Two Russian pilots killed in crash - Sep 06, 2011
- Five killed in Ukraine plane crash - Jun 10, 2012
- Mi-2 chopper crashes in Russia, pilot killed - Aug 11, 2012
- Boris Yeltsin's statue vandalised in Russia - Aug 25, 2012
- Four killed in Russian chopper crash - Jul 05, 2012
- 18 killed in Peru road accidents - Nov 15, 2010
- Russian woman kills hubby with frying pan - Apr 29, 2012
- Plane crash kills four in Russia - Apr 07, 2012
- Ronaldo heads Portugal into semifinal, downs Czechs - Jun 22, 2012