11 die in Philippines stormAugust 8th, 2012 - 1:38 pm ICT by IANS
Manila, Aug 8 (IANS) Eleven people were killed and over a million displaced as torrential rains caused flooding in large parts of Manila and nine provinces in northern and central Philippines.
The National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council said Wednesday that tropical storm Haikui caused a landslide in Quezon City that buried two houses, killed nine people and injured four, reported Xinhua.
Two peopled were killed by electrocution and drowning.
A total of 126 roads nationwide remain closed to traffic due to floods.
- Typhoon Nesat kills 31 in Philippines - Sep 28, 2011
- At least 11 missing as tropical storm 'Falcon' hits Philippines - Jun 24, 2011
- Tropical storm kills 80 in the Philippines (Lead) - Sep 27, 2009
- 25 killed as tropical storm hits Philippines - Jul 27, 2011
- Philippine rat fever toll reaches 15 - Jan 05, 2012
- Toll in Philippines tropical storm rises to 1,236 - Dec 25, 2011
- Philippines storm death toll nears 100 (Second Lead) - Sep 27, 2009
- Philippines typhoon toll reaches 43 - Sep 30, 2011
- Floods, landslides kill 40 in Philippines - Jan 12, 2011
- Toll in Philippine typhoon reaches 65 - Jul 17, 2010
- Philippines typhoon toll rises to 327 - Dec 18, 2011
- 90 die in Philippines floods - Aug 13, 2012
- 23 die as hurricane rains hit Central America - Oct 13, 2011
- UN helps children in storm-hit Philippines - Dec 29, 2011
- Philippines declares outbreak of deadly rat fever - Jan 03, 2012