11 die in Bolivia after inhaling toxic gasJanuary 20th, 2009 - 11:11 pm ICT by IANS
La Paz, Jan 20 (IANS) Eleven people have died after inhaling a poisonous gas emanated from two open pesticide containers in a house in southern Bolivian province of Chuquisaca, EFE reported Tuesday.The victims, including two children, were found dead early Monday.
Health officials who conducted their autopsies confirmed the cause of the death.
Jonhy Zambrana, a doctor, said the youngsters opened two containers of pesticide late Sunday and that the victims died after inhaling the toxic substance (emanated from the containers) throughout the night.
The authorities are still waiting for relatives of the victims to arrive and identify the bodies.
- Three company officials booked for Thane gas leak - Sep 21, 2011
- Bolivia to invest nearly $125 mn in power projects - Mar 18, 2010
- Two charged with murder slain in Bolivia by mob - Aug 16, 2012
- Bolivia to invest $40 mn in new gas pipeline to Argentina - Mar 25, 2010
- Two held for exorcism in Bolivia - Dec 21, 2011
- Jindal Steel to exit Bolivia's largest mining project - Jun 11, 2012
- Two die after inhaling poisonous gas - Nov 14, 2011
- Bolivia nationalises Spanish-owned firm - May 02, 2012
- Spanish energy firm to invest $640 mn in Bolivia - Nov 24, 2011
- Two tonnes of uranium seized in Bolivia - Aug 29, 2012
- Six killed after plane carrying UN staff members crashes in Bolivia - May 08, 2011
- Ecuador toxic alcohol toll climbs to 50 - Sep 03, 2011
- Eight killed in Bolivia bus collision - Jan 17, 2012
- Journalist siblings found slain in Bolivia - Feb 28, 2012
- 11 taken ill after cylinder bursts in Kolkata ice-making factory - Dec 31, 2010