100,000 paid subscribers for NYTimes.comApril 22nd, 2011 - 4:41 pm ICT by ANI
Washington, Apr 22(ANI): The New York Times has said that it has signed up over 100,000 paid subscribers since it began charging for full access to the newspaper’s website three weeks ago.
The Times Co also said that the early indicators of digital subscription have been encouraging.
“While the challenges for our company and for the larger economy are not yet behind us, the recent launch of Times digital subscription packages on NYTimes.com and across other digital platforms brings our plan for a new revenue stream to life,” News.com.au quoted Times Co President and Chief Executive Janet Robinson, a saying.
The New York Times began charging online readers on March 28.
The Times is offering readers 20 free articles a month at NYTimes.com before they will be asked to sign on to a digital subscription plan.
The Times has been struggling with declining print advertising revenue, falling circulation and the migration of readers to free news online. (ANI)
- New York Times to charge for online content in 2011 - Jan 20, 2010
- US newspaper chain to charge for online access - Feb 24, 2012
- New York Times launches India-focussed website - Sep 12, 2011
- New York Times to charge online readers - Mar 18, 2011
- Print media business booming in india, but concerns over future - Oct 15, 2011
- New York Times launches Times Skimmer for a fast-paced world - Dec 03, 2009
- E-books, e-library - for your reading pleasure - Sep 06, 2012
- Telegraph Media Group plans to charge for some digital content - Dec 01, 2010
- Netflix Jazzing Up Its Service With Several Enhancements - Oct 21, 2010
- Apple to offer newspaper subscriptions for iPad - Sep 16, 2010
- New York Times to charge for its website from 2011 - Jan 21, 2010
- New York Times editor: Readers don't look at cost - Nov 12, 2010
- Times' pay wall results in 60 pct drop in traffic, competitors' benefit - Jul 03, 2010
- Sharp rise in complex back surgery among older patients - Apr 11, 2010
- Is Hulu available for sale? - Jun 23, 2011
Tags: advertising revenue, challenges, chief executive, circulation, co president, digital platforms, digital subscription, economy, free articles, free news, janet robinson, launch, life news, migration, new york times, print advertising, revenue stream, subscribers, subscription packages, subscription plan