100 nails removed from teenager’s stomachJune 21st, 2009 - 3:49 pm ICT by ANI
Islamabad, June 21 (ANI): Doctors at the Jinnah Postgraduate Medical Center (JPMC), Karachi, Pakistan, have removed 100 nails from a 17-year-old’s stomach.
Muhammad Waqar, who cannot speak, had been eating the nails over the past one month.
He is now recovering from a surgery at the hospital’s ward and is said to be suffering from a psychological disorder.
His family took him to JPMC earlier this month after complaints of severe abdominal pains.
“When the doctors took X-rays of his chest, it showed that his insides had been littered with several nails,” The News quoted the father, Muhammad Ilyas, a resident of Manzoor Colony, as saying.
Pointing towards the jar in which the metal nails have been kept, Dr Arif Raza, the Resident Surgical at the ward, said: “Over hundred nails were found in his stomach.”(ANI)
- Karachi woman hunts for trapped husband, finds his mobile - Sep 13, 2012
- Dog wins America's Wackiest X-ray contest - Oct 28, 2011
- Mulayam undergoes surgery - Sep 22, 2011
- Five killed as suicide bombers target Pakistan shrine (Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Three injured in explosions at rail tracks in three Pakistani cities - Feb 11, 2011
- Six killed in double suicide bombing at Pakistan shrine (Second Lead) - Oct 07, 2010
- Seven killed in two suicide blasts at Karachi shrine (Roundup) - Oct 08, 2010
- King Tut suffered 'massive chest injury that could have killed him' - Nov 07, 2010
- Karachi school-girls in the grip of smoking epidemic - Jun 02, 2010
- Mob beats up armed robbers in Karachi - Mar 19, 2012
- Man pierced by iron rods, saved by doctors - Mar 12, 2012
- Attacked by dog, man jumps off 60 feet bridge - Aug 12, 2012
- Arjun Singh undergoing tests at AIIMS - Jan 23, 2010
- Chinese toddler excreting nails suspected to be victim of abuse - Jun 19, 2010
- Alien tumor found inside Californian man - Feb 16, 2011