100 Londoners ride Tube in underwear as part of annual No Trousers dayJanuary 10th, 2011 - 5:32 pm ICT by ANI
London, Jan 10 (ANI): Around 100 people were spotted taking part in the annual No Trousers Tube Ride: London, riding the capital’s underground system minus their trousers.
The group made the journey on the Bakerloo Line from Charing Cross to Paddington and back, the Daily Mail reported.
The event was a meticulously organised affair, with participants told to meet in front of the two fountains to the left of Nelson’s Column in Trafalgar Square.
Organisers then divided people into groups before everyone headed to Charing Cross Tube station.
Once inside, they gathered on the northbound Bakerloo Line platform and got on the front carriage, where they removed their trousers and put them into a bag they had brought with them.
They were instructed to pretend they didn’t know each other and not to talk to other trouserless Tube passengers.
Participants were also told to tell fellow commuters that they had forgotten their trousers and to insist that it was merely a coincidence that others had done the same.
They were also instructed to sit in the car as they normally would, and to do “normal” things such as read a magazine or newspaper.
The two requirements for taking part in the event are a willingness to take your trousers off on the Tube and the ability to keep a straight face about it.
Organisers say the bizarre spectacle is to promote more silliness in the world and give people something to laugh at. (ANI)
- Woman drops pant after rat runs up her trouser - Jun 12, 2012
- Harpreet Singh wins Elite Race at Hero Delhi Cyclothon - Oct 09, 2011
- Zeenat Aman asks for ban on horse-drawn carriages - Jul 24, 2012
- Horse carriage procession against petrol price hike - Nov 08, 2011
- Krishna makes it to Kuwait military parade despite being caught in traffic snarl - Feb 27, 2011
- Muslim artist's 'bombed bus with Qaeda angels' painting outrages families of 7/7 victims - Nov 27, 2010
- 'Take horse-drawn carriages off Mumbai roads' - Oct 03, 2011
- Cheeky fox takes late night tube ride - Aug 09, 2012
- Rome's Trevi Fountain is 'crumbling' - Jun 11, 2012
- 'Sheila Ki Jawani' finds its way to the ramp - Apr 09, 2011
- Viagra may be good, but is bad news for ear - May 19, 2011
- Winner of world's first robot marathon crosses the line after 55 hrs! - Feb 27, 2011
- Animal rights groups want tongas to stay off Delhi roads - Jul 18, 2012
- Designers happy as business takes front seat at WIFW (Review) - Apr 11, 2011
- Delhiites enthralled by century's last Venus transit (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
Tags: bakerloo line, coincidence, daily mail, fellow commuters, fountains, journey, london jan, participants, silliness, spectacle, straight face, trafalgar square, trousers, tube station, underground system, underwear, willingness