10-year-old becomes Russia’s youngest inventorApril 7th, 2012 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A 10-year-old Moscow girl has become Russia’s youngest inventor after she patented her own print-making method.
According to the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily, Anastasia Rodimina patented her own method of monotyping — a print-making technique when a smooth surface is covered by paint and a piece of paper then pressed to it to make a single print.
Under Rodimina’s patented method, which she named “energoinformation monotyping”, a monotype is covered by a paper application and put in direct sunlight to let the unprotected ink fade.
The discovery was made accidentally when the girl forgot one of her monotypes, partially covered by a piece of paper, on a windowsill. She eventually discovered that though ink on most of the picture has faded, colours remained unaffected under the piece of paper, creating a unique pattern.
Relatives said a neurology hospital has expressed interest in the invention, which it plans to use as a part of art therapy.
An advertising agency said it was also interested in using Rodimina’s monotyping technology.
The girl said she wanted to use her invention to create a game “helping children to develop their imagination”.
Until recently, Russia’s youngest inventor was 11-year-old Vladislav Koren from Angarsk in Siberia’s Irkutsk region. Last year, he successfully patented his own version of a slot car racetrack.
- Gunshot kills Russian government official - Dec 29, 2011
- Woman kills five while rushing beau to hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Russian kid found living with cows - Jul 28, 2012
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Russian media tycoon sells radio stations - May 17, 2012
- State, businesses both responsible for corruption: Putin - Aug 07, 2012
- Ex-Russian cop suspected of raping, killing 25 women - Jun 29, 2012
- Russian inventors sue Sony - Feb 25, 2012
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- Russian mosque has world's largest Quran - Feb 18, 2012
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Putin bans internet alcohol advertisements - Jul 21, 2012
- Russian lower house bans internet alcohol ads - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: advertising agency, anastasia, angarsk, art therapy, helping children, inventor, irkutsk region, koren, monotype, monotypes, moscow girl, moskovsky komsomolets, paper application, piece of paper, racetrack, ria novosti, siberia, slot car, smooth surface, windowsill