10-year-old becomes Russia’s youngest inventorApril 7th, 2012 - 11:58 am ICT by IANS
Moscow, April 7 (IANS/RIA Novosti) A 10-year-old Moscow girl has become Russia’s youngest inventor after she patented her own print-making method.
According to the Moskovsky Komsomolets daily, Anastasia Rodimina patented her own method of monotyping — a print-making technique when a smooth surface is covered by paint and a piece of paper then pressed to it to make a single print.
Under Rodimina’s patented method, which she named “energoinformation monotyping”, a monotype is covered by a paper application and put in direct sunlight to let the unprotected ink fade.
The discovery was made accidentally when the girl forgot one of her monotypes, partially covered by a piece of paper, on a windowsill. She eventually discovered that though ink on most of the picture has faded, colours remained unaffected under the piece of paper, creating a unique pattern.
Relatives said a neurology hospital has expressed interest in the invention, which it plans to use as a part of art therapy.
An advertising agency said it was also interested in using Rodimina’s monotyping technology.
The girl said she wanted to use her invention to create a game “helping children to develop their imagination”.
Until recently, Russia’s youngest inventor was 11-year-old Vladislav Koren from Angarsk in Siberia’s Irkutsk region. Last year, he successfully patented his own version of a slot car racetrack.
- Gunshot kills Russian government official - Dec 29, 2011
- Woman kills five while rushing beau to hospital - Jul 23, 2012
- Russian kid found living with cows - Jul 28, 2012
- Woman stabs father, kills self - Sep 02, 2010
- Russia needs fair elections: Gorbachev - Sep 22, 2011
- Russia to test first combat drone in 2014 - Apr 20, 2012
- Russian media tycoon sells radio stations - May 17, 2012
- State, businesses both responsible for corruption: Putin - Aug 07, 2012
- Ex-Russian cop suspected of raping, killing 25 women - Jun 29, 2012
- Russian inventors sue Sony - Feb 25, 2012
- Russia printing Syrian currency - Jun 14, 2012
- Russian mosque has world's largest Quran - Feb 18, 2012
- Couple held for selling newborn in Moscow - May 09, 2012
- Putin bans internet alcohol advertisements - Jul 21, 2012
- Russian lower house bans internet alcohol ads - Jul 07, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,