10 queries Advani poses to government on Mumbai terrorDecember 7th, 2008 - 8:15 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Dec 7 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) senior leader L.K. Advani has posed 10 pointed questions to the Manmohan Singh government in the light of the terrorist strike in Mumbai. Advani’s newly launched website has listed the 10 questions under the title “Questions government must answer”:
(1) Why did the UPA (United Progressive Alliance) government not implement the recommendations of various committees on internal security?
(2) What efforts did the UPA government make with the rulers in Islamabad to secure the extradition of Karachi-based mafia don Dawood Ibrahim, the mastermind of the 1993 serial blasts?
(3) How did the terrorists smuggle large quantities of weapons and ammunitions into Mumbai despite enough intelligence with the government of an imminent terror strike?
(4) Why did the government not take effective preventive action despite ample warnings from numerous intelligence sources over several months that terrorist strikes in Mumbai were imminent?
(5) Is it intelligence failure or colossal government failure that has resulted in the carnage and destruction in Mumbai?
(6) How many cases of terrorist attacks in India since 2004 have been fully investigated? How many guilty persons have been convicted?
(7) After repealing POTA (Prevention of Terrorism Act), why are the sundry Congress leaders now talking about tough anti-terror legislation?
(8) Why has the UPA government not acted upon the death sentence of Afzal Guru, convicted for his role in the terrorist attack on the Indian parliament on Dec 13, 2001, even after the Supreme Court upheld it?
(9) The home minister and defence minister made specific (mention) in parliament and other forums about terror threats from sea routes, but didn’t act upon the information. Are they consultant to the government or ones running the government?
(10) This very sea route was used to smuggle explosives for the serial blasts in Mumbai in 1993, which killed over 250 innocent people. Were those blasts not warning enough?
Tags: ample warnings, bharatiya janata party, congress leaders, don dawood ibrahim, intelligence failure, l k advani, mafia don, manmohan singh, mumbai terror attack, prevention of terrorism, terrorist attacks in india