10 killed in US cinema shooting (Lead)July 20th, 2012 - 4:25 pm ICT by IANS
Washington, July 20 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and many injured early Friday in Denver when a gunman opened fire in a cinema showing the new Batman movie “The Dark Knight Rises”, a media report said.
Witnesses said the gunman wearing a gas mask opened fire and set off a type of smoke or tear gas bomb at the Century Theater in Aurora Mall near Denver, reported Xinhua citing a media report.
Local radio KOA said 30 to 40 people were injured and some may have been killed in the shooting.
Police and firefighters rushed to the mall after the incident.
- 14 shot dead at US theatre screening Batman film (Second Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- It sounded like firecrackers, says witness to US killing - Jul 20, 2012
- 14 shot dead as they saw Batman film in US theatre (Third Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- YouTube footage shows panic over US theatre killings - Jul 20, 2012
- If only Batman could've saved victims: Tweet on US killing - Jul 20, 2012
- 14 killed, 50 wounded at Batman showing in US (Fourth Lead) - Jul 20, 2012
- Batman movie premiere turns deadly in Denver, 12 dead (Fifth Lead, changing dateline) - Jul 20, 2012
- 'The Dark Knight Rises' shootout disturbing: Big B - Jul 21, 2012
- Deadly Denver shooting at Batman premiere kills 12 (Night Lead) - Jul 21, 2012
- Christopher Nolan condemns theatre shooting - Jul 21, 2012
- Shooter at Batman premiere: I was 'the Joker' - Jul 21, 2012
- Three die in US shopping plaza shootout (Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Gunman shoots two before killing himself in New Jersey (Second Lead) - Aug 31, 2012
- Batman Christian Bale was in Aurora town visiting the shooting victims - Jul 25, 2012
- 'Dark Knight Rises' prologue releaesed - Dec 10, 2011