10 killed in Iraq car bombingNovember 16th, 2008 - 8:13 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Nov 16 (Xinhua) At least 10 people, including six policemen, were killed and 15 injured when a police convoy was hit by a car bomb in eastern Iraq’s Diyala province, sources said.”A car bomb parked on a road in the town of Jalawla, 120 km northeast of Baghdad, detonated near the convoy of Captain Ferhaad Rifa’t, head of the town’s major crimes office,” a source from the provincial police media office told reporters on condition of of anonymity.
Six policemen were among the 10 killed, the police said.
Diyala province, which stretches from the eastern edges of Baghdad to the Iranian border, has long been a stronghold for the Al Qaeda in Iraq network.
US and Iraqi security forces have been conducting major offensives against extremist Sunni and Shia militiamen in the province and some other provinces.
- Iraq official survives bomb attack - Apr 22, 2012
- Three killed, nine injured in Iraq - Apr 30, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Nine wounded in Iraq bomb attacks - May 17, 2012
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Eight killed in Iraq violence - Aug 16, 2011
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- Three die, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Dec 12, 2010
- Eight people killed, 27 injured in Iraq attacks (Lead) - Jun 11, 2010
- Two policemen killed in Iraq bombings - Mar 09, 2012
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011