10 killed in Iraq bombingNovember 3rd, 2011 - 3:08 pm ICT by IANS
Baghdad, Nov 3 (IANS) Ten people were killed and 25 wounded Thursday in a suicide bomb attack in Iraq’s eastern province of Diyala, police said.
A suicide bomber blew up his explosive vest in front of an Iraqi army base in the Um al-Edham area near the provincial capital city of Baquba, some 65 km northeast of Baghdad, a source told Xinhua.
The victims had gathered at the entrance of the base to collect their salaries when the suicide bomber attacked them, the source said.
The toll could rise as ambulances and civilian vehicles evacuated the victims to different hospitals.
Diyala province, which stretches from the eastern edges of Baghdad to the Iranian border east of the country, has long been a stronghold for Al Qaeda terrorists and other insurgent groups since the US-led invasion of Iraq in 2003.
- 10 killed, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Mar 03, 2010
- 30 wounded in Iraq bombings - Sep 09, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- One killed in sticky bomb attack in Iraq - Nov 21, 2011
- 2 killed, 16 injured in attacks in Iraq - Nov 13, 2011
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- 11 soldiers killed in Iraq car bombing - Mar 14, 2011
- 10 dead, 45 wounded in Iraq suicide bombing - Jun 04, 2012
- Five Iraqi soldiers killed in separate attacks - Sep 05, 2012
- Three die, 30 hurt in Iraq bombings - Dec 12, 2010
- Nine killed, 21 injured in Iraq - Aug 08, 2011
- Two US soldiers among five killed in Iraq explosion - Jun 11, 2010
- 6 killed, 10 wounded in Iraq attacks - Apr 16, 2012
- 52 killed in series of attacks across Iraq - Sep 09, 2012
- 6 killed in Iraq violence - Aug 25, 2012
Tags: al qaeda, ambulances, army base, baghdad, civilian vehicles, eastern edges, eastern province, invasion of iraq, iranian border, iraq bombing, iraqi army, other insurgent groups, provincial capital, salaries, stronghold, suicide bomb attack, suicide bomber, terrorists, vest, xinhua