10 killed in Ghana plane crash (Lead)June 3rd, 2012 - 8:36 am ICT by IANS
Accra, June 3 (IANS) A cargo plane crashed into a minibus near the international airport in Accra Saturday, killing at least 10 people, authorities said.
The accident occurred around 7.00 p.m. outside El Wak Stadium, some 10 km from Kotoka International Airport here. The Boeing 727-200 aircraft was preparing to land.
All the victims were aboard the minibus, which was carrying about 25 people, Xinhua reported. The plane’s four crewmembers survived.
The bodies were shifted to a morgue, said Doreen Owusu Fianko, managing director of Ghana Airport Company. The plane belonged to Nigeria’s Allied Air Cargo.
- Cargo plane crashes in Ghana - Jun 03, 2012
- Large cargo plane crashes in Ghanaian capital, casualties feared - Jun 03, 2012
- UPS Boeing 747 cargo plane crashes in Dubai - Sep 04, 2010
- Monkey delays Air China flight from New York - May 26, 2012
- List of air crashes in residential areas - May 26, 2011
- Asiana Airlines pilot took out life insurance policies month before crash - Aug 01, 2011
- United Airlines announces service from Lagos to Washington, D.C. - Nov 22, 2010
- 72 killed in Iran plane crash (Third Lead) - Jan 10, 2011
- Oregon man is converting a 727 Jet Into a dream home - Jun 04, 2012
- Three-day mourning in Congo for plane crash victims - Jul 10, 2011
- Bodies of missing South Korean pilots found months after crash - Oct 30, 2011
- Large cargo plane crashes in Karachi, killing at least 10 - Nov 28, 2010
- At least 18 dead after plane carrying 100 people crashes in northwest Iran - Jan 10, 2011
- At least 70 killed when passenger plane crashes in NW Iran - Jan 10, 2011
- 127 dead in Congo plane crash - Jul 09, 2011