10 killed as UN plane crashesApril 5th, 2011 - 12:16 am ICT by IANS
Kinshasa (DR Congo), April 4 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and 16 others were injured when a plane of the UN mission in the Democratic Republic of Congo crashed Monday at the Kinshasa airport, Xinhua reported.
The crash occurred when the plane was landing after a flight from the eastern town of Goma. It broke in two and caught fire, the sources said.
UN spokesman Martin Nesirky confirmed that a UN plane has crashed in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
However, he did not disclose how many were killed in the accident.
- 26 killed in UN plane crash in Africa (Lead) - Apr 05, 2011
- UN plane carrying 32 people crashes in DR Congo, at least 12 dead - Apr 05, 2011
- 127 dead in Congo plane crash - Jul 09, 2011
- 19 killed in Congo plane crash - Aug 26, 2010
- One man survives, 32 dead in UN plane crash in Congo - Apr 05, 2011
- More 30 die when UN plane crashes in DR Congo - Apr 05, 2011
- Top official dead, minister hurt in Congo plane crash - Feb 12, 2012
- UN to mark day commemorating peacekeepers - May 27, 2011
- Plane crashes after onboard smuggled crocodile escapes & creates havoc - Oct 22, 2010
- UN condemns killing of Indian peacekeepers in Congo - Aug 19, 2010
- Freed by African rebels, Indian pilot on way home - Aug 04, 2010
- Three-day mourning in Congo for plane crash victims - Jul 10, 2011
- Six killed after plane carrying UN staff members crashes in Bolivia - May 08, 2011
- India seeks Congo help to rescue abducted pilot (Second Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Crocodile caused plane crash: Report - Oct 22, 2010