10 killed, 99 injured in Brazil accidentAugust 13th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Rio de Janeiro, Aug 13 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and 99 injured in a highway accident in Brazil’ s southeastern state of Parana, a fire brigade official said Sunday.
The accident occurred Saturday night on the PR-323 highway, between Paicandu and Doutor Camargo, in northern Parana, when two buses collided and a van, a car and a motorcycle crashed into them, reported Xinhua.
One of the buses was rented by a religious group travelling to Maringa, 115 km from the accident site, while the other was from a tourism company.
The fire brigade said 99 people, of whom six were seriously injured, were taken to three hospitals.
- 22 die in Brazil road accident - Mar 05, 2011
- Two killed in Taiwan road accident - May 08, 2012
- 13 killed in van-truck crash in Brazil - Jan 09, 2010
- Five killed in China road accident - Aug 29, 2012
- Seven killed in Pakistan accident - May 29, 2011
- Six die in shootout at Brazil nightclub - Aug 28, 2012
- Brazil rains: 8,000 left homeless - Mar 14, 2011
- Passenger buses collide in Taiwan tunnel, killing 2 - May 08, 2012
- 16 killed as power line falls during Brazil carnival - Mar 01, 2011
- Three die in Brazil blast - Oct 14, 2011
- Brazilian firm finds offshore oil, gas fields - Jul 06, 2011
- 25 die in Brazil accident - Mar 06, 2011
- 15 burnt to death, 57 hurt in Maharashtra accident (Lead) - Nov 28, 2011
- Five die in Brazil when elevator crashes - Apr 22, 2012
- Brazil to impose more fines on Chevron for oil spill - Nov 30, 2011