10 die in Afghanistan airport suicide blastFebruary 27th, 2012 - 12:16 pm ICT by IANS
Kabul, Feb 27 (IANS) At least 10 people were killed and a dozen injured Monday when a suicide bomber blew up his car packed with explosives near the airport in Afghanistan’s Jalalabad city, police said.
“A suicide bomber blew his explosive-laden vehicle near the gate of Jalalabad city airport this morning. Ten people, including the suicide bomber, were killed and 12 others were injured,” provincial police chief, Abdullah Stanekzai, told Xinhua.
Jalalabad is the provincial capital of eastern Afghan province of Nangarhar.
He said five civilians, two army soldiers and two local security guards were among the dead.
Two American and six Afghan soldiers were among the injured, said the police chief.
Several cars were damaged in the blast that occurred at around 7 a.m.
Taliban has claimed responsibility for the attack.
- 10 dead, 12 wounded in Afghan airport bombing (Lead) - Feb 27, 2012
- Suicide car bombing kills 14 in Afghanistan (Lead) - May 18, 2011
- Four killed, 31 hurt in Afghan car bombing (Lead) - Jan 26, 2012
- Triple suicide bombings kill 18 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 18, 2012
- Taliban killed in failed bombing, five injured - Dec 02, 2011
- Six kids hurt in Afghan suicide bombing - May 20, 2012
- 25 killed, over 170 wounded in Iraq attacks - Mar 20, 2012
- Twin attacks kill 10 in Afghanistan (Lead) - Aug 07, 2012
- 13 killed in two suicide bombings in Afghanistan - May 18, 2011
- Three killed in Iraq bombing - Dec 26, 2011
- Afghan provincial governor succumbs to suicide blast injuries - May 29, 2011
- 12 civilians killed in Afghanistan blasts - Mar 21, 2010
- 43 killed, over 190 wounded in Iraq bomb attacks (Lead) - Mar 20, 2012
- Seven die in Afghan suicide bomb attack - Jun 15, 2011
- 20 killed as suicide bomber targets funeral in Afghanistan (Lead) - Sep 04, 2012
Tags: afghanistan airport, army soldiers, cars, city police, civilians, explosives, jalalabad, kabul, local security, nangarhar, provincial capital, provincial police, security guards, suicide bomber, taliban, xinhua