1 in 5 parents want kids to be beaten in school: UK studyJune 29th, 2010 - 5:28 pm ICT by ANI
London, June 29 (ANI): One in five parents want beating students should be brought back into schools to stop them from getting to a wrong path, revealed a UK survey.
Almost four in ten parents say that corporal punishment to children would teach them right from wrong, states a poll carried out by MyVoucherCodes.co.uk.
On the other hand, one in five believe supporting the idea said that it would “strengthens character,” reports the Daily Star.
“I am surprised at the amount of people who would welcome the return of this punishment,” said the Matthew Clifton, of MyVoucherCodes.co.uk. (ANI)
- Rows over money are the most likely cause of break-ups in UK - Jan 05, 2011
- 4 in 10 Brit men watch porn with partner in next room! - Nov 11, 2010
- More than half of UK men do most of the cooking at home - Mar 23, 2011
- Pinching partners' purses not considered theft by a third of Brits - Jun 09, 2010
- First fight on Christmas day starts as early as 8:30 am! - Dec 24, 2010
- Kate Middleton is fabulous: Joan Rivers - Oct 24, 2011
- Kate Middleton named High Street fashion queen - Sep 14, 2011
- Pregnant Brit mums swapping fruit vouchers for booze, ciggies - Feb 27, 2011
- One third of women duck the truth when asked about ex-partners - Jul 19, 2010
- Alicia Keys a 'natural' mother - Jul 14, 2012
- Orlando Bloom named most stylish dad - Jun 15, 2011
- Matthew McConaughey is strict father - Mar 22, 2011
- Lily Allen is pregnant again! - Jul 09, 2012
- Mums more critical of daughters than sons: UK study - Oct 06, 2010
- Visva Bharati victim joins another school - Jul 18, 2012