1 in 10 Brits use mobiles for online shoppingNovember 29th, 2010 - 2:21 pm ICT by ANI
London, Nov 29 (ANI): A recent survey has found that one in ten Britons is expected to do their online shopping this year using their mobile phone rather than a computer.
New research of 4,000 consumers from Tesco Direct said nearly half of those using smart phones shop online while watching television. One in six said they expected to buy something while on the bus, and a quarter would visit shopping websites during their daily commute.
More than a third of people surveyed said using their mobile would “reduce stress levels” and mean they could fit shopping in and around their schedules.
But 73 per cent said they were worried about the rising costs of Christmas on tight budgets.
“For the first time this year we anticipate a significant amount of orders to be placed by customers using their mobile phones, because customers like the convenience of shopping on the go,” the Scotsman quoted Ian Crook, from tesco.com as saying.
“In October alone, we had over half a million people visit the Tesco Direct website using their mobile phones and in the run up to Christmas we’re expecting this number to surge,” Crook added.
Avoiding Christmas crowds was cited as the biggest reason for using the Internet, with 71 per cent answering they wanted to avoid queues. Seven per cent admitted to online shopping when they should be working. (ANI)
- Mumbaikars top list of online shoppers: Assocham - Jul 03, 2011
- Junk food adds up to over a quarter of UK shoppers' grocery bills - Jun 18, 2010
- Money woes causing Brit women to put off having babies - Nov 11, 2010
- Indians prefer banking over shopping on internet: Survey - Apr 04, 2012
- Reliance Communications launches mobile banking with SBI - Apr 20, 2011
- Self-service checkouts 'lengthen supermarket queues': UK survey - Aug 22, 2010
- Handwriting dying a slow death - Jun 24, 2012
- UK Stores ashamed to sell religious cards - Dec 22, 2011
- Men's parking skills impress women - Dec 13, 2010
- 1 in 5 Brits wear their undies at least 250 times before buying new ones! - Dec 02, 2010
- At last, a tool to help men who hate shopping (The Funny Side - IANS introduces a new weekly column by Hong Kong-based humour writer Nury Vittachi) - Jun 02, 2012
- Mobile phones can produce hilarious text - Jan 09, 2011
- McDonald's voted UK's Most-Hated Brand - Sep 21, 2009
- 1 in 3 Britons has had public sex - Jul 19, 2010
- 11pc Brits 'have had sex with someone they met on Facebook' - Nov 15, 2010
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,