1 in 10 Brits has been injured while gardening!April 30th, 2010 - 4:15 pm ICT by ANI
London, Apr 30 (ANI): Around 10 percent of Britons have injured themselves while gardening, says a research.
This is four times as many as those who suffered on the ski-slopes, added the study, published in advance of the Mayday weekend.
DIY had a similarly high casualty rate with 1 in 20 enthusiasts hurt whilst repairing their houses, more than those harmed whilst horse riding or rock climbing, reports The Telegraph.
Carried out by AposTherapy, a new therapy to help people cope with chronic joint pains, the study found that walks in the country led to more accidents than mountain biking.
Dr Peter Mace, assistant medical director of Bupa, which provides the therapy, said: “Anyone planning to spend time gardening or decorating this weekend should remember that they may be using muscle groups and joints they haven’t exercised in a long while.
“There are simple precautions people can take to avoid injury and the onset of a chronic condition. For instance simple stretching and remembering correct posture can make a massive difference.” (ANI)
- It's never too late to walk for life - Aug 28, 2012
- Come, ski down Himachal's grassy slopes (Lifestyle Feature) (With Images) - Jun 24, 2012
- Study explains why humans outlive apes - Jan 27, 2010
- Drug reversing Alzheimer's symptoms found - Feb 12, 2012
- Himachal's snowy slopes invite skiers (With Image) - Jan 11, 2012
- Solang has great snow, but lacks professional touch: Skiers - Feb 29, 2012
- Bubble wrap used on slopes of Scotland to prevent snow from melting - Apr 18, 2011
- Drug reverses Alzheimer's symptoms in mice: Study - Feb 10, 2012
- Ropeway opened in Himachal's Solang Valley - Jan 23, 2011
- Why do humans outlive chimps? - Dec 03, 2009
- 'Exciting breakthrough' offers hope to arthritis sufferers - Apr 22, 2010
- Online self-diagnosis poses a health risk - Jan 04, 2011
- Six out of 10 Brit women use bribery to get partners to do their bit - Mar 11, 2011
- 1 in 5 Brits opens up about true feelings while online - May 23, 2010
- Take out your ski boots, snow-clad Himachal slopes are here! - Jan 09, 2011
Tags: accidents, assistant medical director, britons, brits, bupa, casualty rate, chronic condition, correct posture, dr peter, enthusiasts, horse riding, joint pains, joints, mace, massive difference, mountain biking, muscle groups, posture, ski slopes, walks