Zohal seeks to quash charges against Pomersbach (Lead)May 24th, 2012 - 5:59 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 24 (IANS) US national Zohal Hamid Thursday moved the Delhi High Court to quash the first information report (FIR) filed against Indian Premier League (IPL) player Luke Pomersbach following her complaint that he had molested her.
Pomersbach had been arrested May 18 after Hamid alleged that she had been molested in a five-star hotel here. She also said that the Royal Challengers Banglore (RCB) player had beaten her fiance Sahil Peerzada.
In a joint petition moved by Hamid, Pomersbach and Peerzada for quashing the FIR, it was said that they had reached a settlement Wednesday amicably without any pressure.
The petitioners reached a settlement May 23 “whereby inter se disputes between the parties have been amicably settled without any pressure, coercion or undue influence”, the petition said.
“All the petitioners are of young age and have a long life ahead of them and they do not wish to blemish each other and wish to end this unfortunate episode of their life,” said the petition.
On the advice of their friends and relatives, they mutually decided to end all disputes between them, the petition said.
Hamid and Peerzada also agreed not to pursue the criminal action any further and decided to withdraw the FIR saying they were fully satisfied and believed in the genuineness and sincerity of the regret expressed by Pomersbach.
They have also agreed not to make any statement, written or verbal that defamed or in any way criticised personal reputation of each other.
Pomersbach is alleged to have molested Hamid at the ITC Maurya Hotel here early last Friday and beaten her fiance Peerzada when he tried to stop the player. Delhi Police registered a case of molestation against Pomersbach, who later was released on bail by a city court.
Hamid said Pomersbach forcibly entered her room and tried to molest her.
- High court quashes FIR against Pomersbach (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Court quashes FIR against Luke Pomersbach - May 25, 2012
- Zohal seeks to quash charges against Pomersbach - May 24, 2012
- Fiance of US woman better, could be released Sunday - May 19, 2012
- Court reserves order on bail of Pomersbach - May 19, 2012
- RCB player Luke Pomersbach gets bail - May 19, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Victim's fiancee backs her version - May 20, 2012
- Pomersbach admits to molesting US woman (Lead) - May 21, 2012
- IPL player in custody for molestation (Second Lead) - May 18, 2012
- RCB owner Sidhartha Mallya gets legal notice for tweets - May 19, 2012
- Australian IPL player arrested for molesting woman, claims innocence (Third Lead) - May 18, 2012
- IPL molestation case: Peerzada discharged from hospital - May 21, 2012
- IPL player Luke Pomersbach gets bail (Lead) - May 19, 2012
- Siddharth Mallya questions victim's character, losses cool - May 18, 2012
- Pomersbach's lawyer denies he has confessed (Second Lead, Superseding earlier story) - May 21, 2012
Tags: blemish, challengers, coercion, delhi high court, delhi police, fiance, fir, genuineness, hamid, information report, ipl, last friday, maurya, molestation, personal reputation, petitioners, sincerity, star hotel, undue influence, unfortunate episode