Zayed fell on face while doing stunt in BangkokAugust 19th, 2008 - 9:39 am ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Aug 19 (IANS) Zayed Khan, who’s currently into performing his own stunts, had an accident when he jumped out of a high-rise building in Bangkok while shooting for “Blue”. The fall went wrong and Zayed’s forehead hit the windshield of a car.”The blood gushed out and was all over my face. It took a while for everyone to realise I was injured,” Zayed told IANS from Bangkok.
After a visit to the hospital, a couple of stitches, heavy sedation and antibiotics on Sunday, Zayed was back to shooting Monday morning.
“Fortunately the cut is hidden by my hair. So no continuity problems,” said Zayed, whose family back home panicked when they heard about the mishap.
The actor said that he had a ball shooting in the Bahamas for “Blue” and then for “Yuvraj”.
“Working with a living legend like Subhash Ghai in ‘Yuvraj’ is such a privilege. It’s a tearjerker … a drama about relationships. It’s the quintessential Bollywood film. And my other forthcoming film ‘Blue’ is just the opposite experience. It’s a get-happy adventure-sporty film.
“I’m also doing a romantic-comedy with Vashu Bhagnani. I haven’t done one of those. I was dying to do it.”
Asked about comparisons with dad Sanjay Khan, he said: “I’m aware of my dad’s track record. But I’m not just looking to equal his track record. I’m hoping to better it.
“But seriously, today the box-office has changed so much. Things were different in my dad’s times. The relationships within the industry and definitions of success have changed. Today you can’t walk on the road without a camera following you. You either love it or you don’t. But I’m not scared of the future. I’ll keep trying until I succeed.”
Films apart, Zayed is known to be a complete family man and devoted to his wife Malaika.
“Am I? That’s surprising. Anyway let the others have fun. I’m happy being devoted to Malaika,” he quipped.
The actor also makes it a point to be there when any of his family members need him.
Earlier this month when Zayed’s deejay brother-in-law Aqeel opened a new outlet for his nightclub chain Poison in Hyderabad, he, Malaika and little son Zidaan rushed to be with Aqeel in his hour of excitement.
“Aqeel is not my brother-in-law. He’s my brother,” said Zayed, who is the only son in a family of daughters.
“We’re not just close we also stay a stone’s throw away from one another in Mumbai. We’re there for Aqeel whenever he needs us. I went to Hyderabad with my wife just to support him.”
- Zayed blessed with second baby boy - Sep 23, 2011
- No films for friends in Bollywood: Zayed Khan - Sep 27, 2011
- Prabhu Deva to walk the ramp for Shabana's Mijwan - Sep 03, 2012
- Yuvraj cheers for Pune Warriors - Apr 27, 2012
- 'Dabangg' - Salman's rural day out as corrupt cop (IANS preview) - Sep 06, 2010
- Zayed Khan busy juggling between work, family - Dec 17, 2011
- I am smitten with my family: Travolta - May 13, 2011
- Salman Bhai carries ornaments best: Malaika - Aug 04, 2011
- Aamir's choice of films makes Kamal Haasan happy - Jan 01, 2012
- Dad wrote manual for future generations: Shammi Kapoor's son - Aug 18, 2011
- Yuvraj blames himself for delaying treatment - Feb 08, 2012
- Vindu reveals family secrets, plans to make documentary on dad - Jul 17, 2012
- Zayed had to scold me on the sets to calm me down: Dia Mirza - Jun 02, 2011
- Dara Singh's brother-in-law to replace him in movie? - Jul 21, 2012
- Zayed shooting for Bollywood's first underwater song - Sep 28, 2008