Zardari undergoes angiography, is fineSeptember 12th, 2011 - 12:44 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Sep 12 (IANS) Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari underwent an angiography at a hospital in Britain where doctors gave him a clean bill of health, it was reported here Monday.
A senior National Health Service (NHA) doctor at the Royal Brompton Hospital Sunday said that Zardari’s angiography revealed that his arteries were clear, reported News International.
Zardari went for a check-up to London on the advice of his surgeons from Britain and the US, said a source.
The president was initially supposed to undergo the check-up Monday, but it was rescheduled for Sunday.
The media report said “it was not clear why the checks were brought forward and whether the earlier engagement had anything to do with the sudden change in the health condition of the president”.
A medical bulletin said the president underwent some routine medical tests and angiography.
Two surgeons from the US too were involved in the medical check-ups along with the British doctors.
Zardari flew into London Friday in a private flight “for some days”, said the media report.
He left for Britain barely a few hours after he was photographed visiting flood-hit areas in Sindh province.
The media report added: “…it was said that it must be something highly serious that the president couldn’t afford to miss at a time when Sindh was sinking under water”.
“The president will stay in London for more than 4 days and a meeting with the MQM chief (Altaf Hssain) is on the cards,” a source was quoted as saying.
- Zardari left though army doctors said he was fine: report - Dec 07, 2011
- Ailing Zardari rushes to Dubai, refutes resignation rumour - Dec 07, 2011
- Zardari's resignation rumour false, says his spokesman - Dec 07, 2011
- Nawaz Sharif advised two-week rest in London - Mar 22, 2011
- Zardari suffers bleeding in brain, may go to London - Dec 09, 2011
- Zardari's health improving: Gilani - Dec 11, 2011
- Nawaz advised two-week rest following heart surgery in London hospital - Mar 22, 2011
- I am fine, will return to Pakistan soon: Zardari - Dec 10, 2011
- Zardari will return, says family; no coup, says US - Dec 08, 2011
- Pakistan's MQM chief hospitalised in London - Aug 29, 2011
- 30 killed in Karachi after MQM lawmaker's killing (Lead) - Aug 03, 2010
- Zardari orders Sindh CM to address all reservations shown by MQM - Dec 29, 2010
- Seven killed in Swabi suicide attack targeting Pak politician - Mar 30, 2011
- Reports about Altaf Hussain being ill 'baseless', 'unfounded': MQM - Apr 09, 2010
- MQM to contest elections in Pakistani Kashmir - Jun 07, 2011
Tags: altaf, arteries, asif ali zardari, bill of health, british doctors, check ups, checks, flood, health condition, london, medical bulletin, medical check, national health service, news international, pakistan, private flight, routine medical tests, royal brompton hospital, sudden change, ups