Zardari prays at Ajmer Sharif, donates $ 1mApril 8th, 2012 - 8:19 pm ICT by IANS
Ajmer, April 8 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari accompanied by his son Bilawal Sunday offered prayers at the dargh of Sufi saint Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti and announced a donation of $1 million for the shrine.
“President Zardari prayed here…He announced a donation of $1 million for the shrine,” Syed Zeeshan Kaptan, the Khadim or caretaker of the dargah, told IANS.
According to Kaptan, the father-son duo spent around 10 minutes at the tomb of the Sufi saint also known as Garib Nawaz, and recited verses from the pocket sized editions of the holy Quran they were carrying.
Both Zardari and Bilawal offered separate chadars at the shrine which they had brought from Pakistan.
Both received gifts from the Khadim.
- Zardari prays at Ajmer dargah, donates $1mn (Lead) - Apr 08, 2012
- 'Bilawal is like Rahul Gandhi' - Apr 08, 2012
- The journey to Ajmer Sharif - from Akbar to Zardari - Apr 05, 2012
- Zardari donation will be for 'noble causes': Ajmer dargah (With Image) - Apr 09, 2012
- Precious gifts, special prayers for Zardaris at Ajmer shrine (Lead) - Apr 07, 2012
- Bansal offers chadar at Ajmer on PM's behalf - Apr 08, 2012
- Ajmer shrine finally receives Zardari's $1 mn donation - Aug 18, 2012
- Silver rings, bracelets for the Zardaris at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- Ahead of Zardari visit, Ajmer's khadims remember Benazir - Apr 08, 2012
- Keep windows shut, shops closed: Ajmer residents told - Apr 08, 2012
- Ajmer shrine authorities mum on Zardari visit - Apr 03, 2012
- 3,000 cops deployed at Ajmer shrine - Apr 07, 2012
- President Zardari returns home after Indian pilgrimage - Apr 08, 2012
- Tight security in place in Delhi, Ajmer for Zardari visit - Apr 07, 2012
- Zardari leaves for India - Apr 08, 2012