Zardari-Manmohan to talk, India wants Saeed probed (Lead)April 6th, 2012 - 3:12 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 6 (IANS) Bilateral issues are likely to be discussed when Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari visits India Sunday, External Affairs Minister S.M. Krishna said Friday while asking Islamabad to probe Lashkar-e-Taiba (LeT) chief Hafiz Saeed’s role in the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
“We have been saying that the dossier the home minister of India has provided to Pakistan contains every detail of Hafiz Saeed’s involvement in the planning and execution of the terror attack,” Krishna said here.
The US Monday announced an award of $10 million for information leading to the arrest and conviction of Saeed. Pakistan said it cannot take action against Saeed in the absence of “solid evidence”.
But Krishna said: “The amount of denial would not exonerate them unless there is a judicial inquiry into the whole episode whereby responsibilities can be fixed. But unfortunately, the Pakistan government has not thought it proper to investigate this.”
Zardari will hold talks with Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at the latter’s official residence and have lunch with him before flying to Ajmer to offer prayers at the Sufi shrine of Khwaja Moinuddin Chishti Sunday.
“All bilateral issues between the two countries are likely to be discussed. I don’t know if they will have enough time to go into details, but the very fact the prime minister is hosting a lunch, they might get a chance to discuss some bilateral issues,” Krishna told reporters.
Krishna said India-Pakistan bilateral relations were looking up and talks would eventually resolves issues.
“In the last three years, especially during (Pakistan) Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar’s visit to India, she told me and the media that there is a mindset change in Pakistan and she brings that mindset in bilateral talks to India,” he added.
- India presses Pakistan to probe Saeed's 26/11 role (Second Lead) - Apr 06, 2012
- Gilani, Kayani meet Zardari before he flies to India - Apr 08, 2012
- One-on-one: Manmohan, Zardari to raise bar for ties - Apr 06, 2012
- Bansal to be minister-in-waiting for Zardari - Apr 07, 2012
- Talks on bilateral issues likely during Zardari visit: Krishna - Apr 06, 2012
- Visit Pakistan, Zardari to tell Manmohan - Apr 08, 2012
- Zardari to invite Manmohan to Pakistan, all issues on table - Apr 07, 2012
- Pakistan hopes Manmohan-Zardari talks will push peace (Lead) - Apr 05, 2012
- Krishna to visit Pakistan Sep 7-9, Jundal shadow over talks - Jul 24, 2012
- Khar heads to Ajmer for prayers Thursday (Lead) - Jul 28, 2011
- India asks Pakistan to release Sarabjit - Aug 11, 2011
- Pakistan asked to act against elements linked to 26/11: Krishna - Aug 03, 2011
- All eyes on Hina, cricket diplomacy (Sidelights: India-Pakistan talks) - Jul 27, 2011
- Pakistan foreign minister leaves for Ajmer - Jul 28, 2011
- Manmohan must visit Pakistan to maintain momentum: daily - Apr 09, 2012
Tags: asif ali zardari, attack krishna, bilateral issues, bilateral talks, external affairs minister, hafiz, hina rabbani khar, home minister of india, india pakistan, judicial inquiry, khwaja, lashkar e taiba, manmohan singh, mindset change, moinuddin chishti, pakistan government, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, rabbani, terror attack