Zardari, Gilani greet nation on Eid-ul-ZuhaNovember 7th, 2011 - 5:10 pm ICT by IANS
Islamabad, Nov 7 (IANS) Pakistani President Asif Ali Zardari and Prime Minister Yousuf Ali Zardari greeted the nation on the occasion of Eid-ul-Zuha Monday, urging the people to adopt values of sacrifice, brotherhood, kindness and charity to create a tolerant and harmonious society.
In his message, Zardari said the nation was passing through difficult times and was now facing issues like terrorism, extremism and rehabilitation of the flood-affected people, APP reported.
“To overcome these challenges, we need values of sacrifice, brotherhood, fraternity, kindness, tolerance, peace, charity and love more than ever,” the president said.
He urged the Muslims to do away with regional prejudices and religious intolerance and work for progress and prosperity of the country.
Gilani, who is in Russia for the 10th Heads of Government Council meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO), greeted Muslims living in Pakistan or overseas.
“We want to make Pakistan such kind of welfare and democratic state where people get economic equality and social justice,” he said in his message.
To achieve this goal, he said, there was need to promote Islamic teachings based on values of brotherhood, love, tolerance, patience and compassion.
“On this auspicious occasion, we should not forget the families affected by terrorism and countrymen affected by floods in Sindh and we have to share our happiness with them by helping them out in their hour of need.”
- Zardari, Gilani greet Pakistanis on Eid - Aug 30, 2011
- President, PM, Sonia greet nation on Eid - Nov 06, 2011
- Eid-ul-Zuha celebrated with fervour in Lucknow - Nov 07, 2011
- UAE's RCA distributes sacrificial animals in Syria - Nov 07, 2011
- Peaceful Eid prayers held across Kashmir - Nov 07, 2011
- Id-ul Zuha celebrated across India today - Nov 17, 2010
- Modest Eid celebrations in Pakistan amidst flood devastation - Sep 12, 2010
- Eid-ul-Zuha is about the spirit of sacrifice (Comment) - Nov 07, 2011
- Jama Masjid packed on Eid, spirit of sacrifice reigns - Nov 07, 2011
- Prayers, sacrifice on Eid-ul-Zuha in Andhra Pradesh - Nov 07, 2011
- President, PM greet nation on Eid (Lead) - Aug 19, 2012
- Kerala Muslims celebrate Eid - Nov 07, 2011
- Zardari greets Hindus on Diwali - Oct 27, 2011
- ANP leader, son killed in Pakistan - Nov 07, 2011
- Praying, feeding poor, Lucknow Muslims mark Eid-ul-Azha - Nov 17, 2010
Tags: asif ali zardari, auspicious occasion, brotherhood, countrymen, democratic state, difficult times, economic equality, eid, extremism, government council, harmonious society, heads of government, islamic teachings, kindness, prejudices, religious intolerance, shanghai cooperation organisation, sindh, yousuf ali, zuha